Dawn Ritch is one of Jamaica's greatest comic geniuses. She is also a good argument for not teaching women to read or write:

In the case of Trinidad, nobody wants to live down there because there are poisonous snakes and no mountains.
Attilah Springer is one of Trinidad's smart people. She reads lots of books and writes lots of words:

And for real, as a Trini it is part of your patriotic duty to recognise that we’re living in a deforested banana republic that can’t feed itself, with pimped blimp rides and plenty concrete edifices to wanton development.

But just like I’d chew up and spit out anyone who tells me anything about any of my family members and my relationship with them, I have a problem when people who just don’t get it piss on my force-ripe corrupt little nation.

I take back what i said about the whole female literacy thing.

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2007 | Culturosity
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.